Northwest Demolition was contracted for the decommissioning of a 1920’s era granary storage and distribution facility in Idaho Falls, ID. The site consisted of multiple concrete and steel silos, elevators, and large stacking warehouses. The facility was removed to make way for the expansion of an adjacent recycling facility. Due to the ongoing operations of the recycling facility, site safety and controlled demolition was of paramount importance. A high reach excavator was mobilized to surgically dismantle the structures from the top down to protect the adjacent occupied buildings.
This project highlights Northwest Demolition’s expertise in technically challenging conditions, utilizing a specialized fleet of equipment to minimize unnecessary risk to public health and nearby property.